Summum MMA 2 went down tonight at Le Skratch in Brossard. Here are the results from the evening’s fights. Check back on Sunday for pictures, and post-fight interviews with main event winner Jason Courchesne and about to go pro Keven Pellerin. I also spoke with Ringside 10 opponents Michel Gagnon and Rejean Groulx, and Summum MMA president Joey Benoit: (Winners in bold)
1. Jason Courchesne (Kanreikai FC) def. Remy Bussieres (Ultimaction) by unanimous judge’s decision (29-28, 30-28, 30-27)
2. Jeff Blake (RW MMA) def. Jeremy Mcnamara (Longueuil FC) by majority judge’s decision (29-29, 30-27, 29-28)
3. Cyril Roberts (Académie Pro Star MMA) def. Jonathan Kumps (Team Legion) by triangle choke (from top mount) submission at 1:46 of Round 2.
4. Karim Ranni (Longueuil FC) def. Mat Demore (Team Shredder) by unanimous judge’s decision (30-29, 30-27, 30-27)
5. Thierry Quevillon (Team Barbarian) def. Enock Blanchette (RW MMA) by arm bar submission at 0:57 of Round 3.
6. Keven Pellerin (Team Légion) def. Zander McComber (RW MMA) by arm bar submision at 1:07 of Round 2.
7. Ryan St-James (RW MMA) def. Robin Helou (Team Burgess) by arm bar submission at 1:59 of Round 1.
8. Mohammed Sylla (RW MMA) def. Jonathan Roblin (Team Barbarian) by split judge’s decision (29-28, 28-30, 29-28)
9. Jeremie Capony (Longueuil FC) def. Julien Ravart (Orion MMA) by unanimous judge’s decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
10. D’arcy Monson (RW MMA) def. Jonathan Pivin (Ultimaction) by arm bar submission at 1:15 of Round 1.
11. Patrick Archambault (Team Barbarian) def. Luigi la Selva (Wolfpack MMA) by TKO (corner stoppage) after 1 round. Selva did not answer the bell for the second round, having suffered a twisted angle during the first round.
A fight between Mat Demore (Team Shredder) and Justin Larocque (RW MMA) was canceled, with Demore taking his team mate Josten Tardiff‘s place and facing Karim Ranni. A fight between Jonathan Vallée (Orion MMA) and Karonhiio Diabo (RW MMA) was canceled after Diabo suffered a concussion prior to the evening, forcing him to pull out of his scheduled bout.
Follow me on Twitter to stay up to date with Montreal MMA News.